Saturday, 16 May 2009

Constantine [2005]


Taken from IMDB.com.
For the sake of curiousity, IMDB gives it 6.7 stars out of 10.
The story of irreverent supernatural detective John Constantine, who has literally been to Hell and back. When Constantine teams up with skeptical policewoman Angela Dodson to solve the mysterious suicide of her twin sister, their investigation takes them through the world of demons and angels that exists just beneath the landscape of contemporary Los Angeles. Caught in a catastrophic series of otherworldly events, the two become inextricably involved and seek to find their own peace at whatever cost.

My thoughts: Not bad, but not overly amazing. Keanu Reeves plays a heavy smoker, a human who sees angels and demons and has to bargain with God to get into heaven. I won't spoil too much of the story. As a film its not bad. Weak in places and certainly not the first film I'd pick to watch on an evening. It seems to me there is a wave of religious films centering around demons, angels and the like. And again this is a film that seems to loosely center around Keanu Reeves being the 'one', in this he is the underdog for heaven, and from what I see, the only one in this film. I am wondering when he'll develop a new act, or if there could be a new act. Again another film that ends with his monologue, speaking in reference to the Matrix only, as Keanu Reeves is not an actor I follow specifically. Far from a new film, verdict is: Its okay. One to watch, if you quite like angels, demons, heaven and hell. God and Lucifer. - And comic book based films of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment