Monday, 25 May 2009

Ipod Shuffle 1GB


What can I say about the Ipod? I've got a Shuffle, nothing exciting. It's green and called Kiwi. And has been living in a drawer for about nine months. Why? Well, I was at a computer fare, and found an mp4 player, Newsmy K8, 2 gb. It plays any format, videos, has games on it, has a camera on the back, and more then a few people have mistaken it for a phone. And a memory card slot, so if I wanted to I could put more then a little bit on it.
But back to the basic, Ipod Shuffle. Downside to Apple: You have to use iTunes. Not that I have any problem with that, because Media Player isn't exactly amazing.
Downside to the Shuffle: Its small! You could very easily loose it in a drawer for nine months.
Upside: Its very durable, I'm fully in the belief that if I threw this in the road and it got ran over by a lorry, it would be battered and probably squashed, but it wouldn't shatter into a million pieces like my K8.
Downside: It has no screen. I know so many people that can't stand this element of the Shuffle. But people, just lets, take it back a minute, Shuffle.... that's an odd name, this implies you put your playlist on shuffle and let the magic little box pick your music for you, or you could just learn your play list and buzz through it like everyone else on the planet. Stop complaining, its boring. If you wanted an mp3 player with a screen you should've bought one.
Downside: It has a dock. In my mind a lead with a simple plug in and away you go is a better idea, because with the dock, you get the factor of breaking the one crucial bit you need to a) charge your Shuffle and b) put music on your Shuffle. I've done it before, and I dare say I'll do it again. I do not approve of docks.
Memory: Sure I've got a GB to play with. Which isn't to bad for loose tracks, but I couldn't put an album on it and be happy. In my mind a Shuffle was designed for a lot of random tracks not for a bucket of albums.
It's small, it has a clip on the back, and you can quite happily sit on the bus flicking through tunes and feel like you have less chance of being beaten up because your not sitting there looking at a huge piece of technology that has a giant pound sign on the back of it with 'loot' beneath it.
My verdict: Its okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment